Monday, March 6, 2017

Baking

I love to bake. I enjoy cooking too but don't feel quite as good at it. Baking on the other hand is comforting and fun and easy to share.

It is something I did with my mom and grandmother and great-grandmother. It's something that makes me feel tied to my family. It's something I want to pass on. I just love it.

I'm going to start sharing some recipes on here. There won't be any particular rhyme or reason to it, but I hope you enjoy them all the same.

This afternoon I made some Honey Whole Wheat Bread. I use the Gold Medal Flour recipe. It's great. I have tweeked with it here and there and ultimately I come down to the fact that theirs is pretty darn good, and easy. I have another recipe that I'll post sometime. It's my mom's. A little more complicated, but makes 3 loaves instead of 2, and has a slightly different flavor.



Here is a link to the recipe. Honey Whole Wheat Bread

Hint: If you are having a hard time with your yeast rising then try adding a pinch of sugar to it.
          Rub some butter over the top right when you pull it out of the oven. It gives the crust a yummy flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment