Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Banana Bread

I just got this new bread box from World Market and I love it and so I had to make some bread to put in it right away. I made Banana Bread. It's something my two boys love... and I discovered today, so does the dog.

Anyway, I like the bread box because it looks nice, has the cutting board built right in and because it looks nice I don't mind leaving it on my counter. I really like things that check the form and function box.



Here is my banana bread recipe.

3 ripe bananas
4 TBS buttermilk (you can use regular milk, but I think buttermilk makes for a better bread)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter (softened, not melted)
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

(Chopped walnuts optional.... I think they are delicious but my 3 year old doesn't like too many textures in his food.... so my bread is slightly less declicious these days)

I also usually do a little mixture of flour, brown sugar, oats and a little butter to sprinkle on top of the bread before baking. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment