Monday, March 20, 2017

Learning

Do you go through seasons of your life where the Lord has a lesson He is teaching you over and over? I'm in one of those seasons, and I'm finally at the sweet point in the lessons.

He has been teaching me to look up, focus on Him, and stay in stride. Don't look to the right or to the left, just serve the Lord, do what I (not anyone else) am called to do. Don't compare, don't judge, don't think about anything but doing what I have been called to do today. Not tomorrow, not in a month, not to worry, just do what I've been called to do today.

This lesson has had some rough moments. Some painful moments of seeing weekness in myself, of seeing worry, comparison, pride, and even lonliness.

We moved about 7 months ago to a very little town in Central California. About 5 months before our move my two older sisters and their families happened to both move to KY and live about 5 minutes away from each other. (Something I had been praying the Lord had in store for me and my family.) They had eachother and I had no family.

Comparison.

We finally are living in a house, not an apartment. I wanted to make it PERFECT. But guess what, perfect costs money, we are on a budget. I couldn't present the perfect house to everyone who walked through our door.

Pride.

I had thoughts like "look at that mom who has it all together and is perfect and her kids are perfect and her life is perfect, I'm falling apart."

Looking to the right or to the left.

Is this where we are going to live forever. That's ok, I just want to know. I don't want to move anymore. 3 moves in 5 years is enough for me. Can't we settle somewhere? What is my future?

Anxiety

We moved, I don't know anyone. We are starting over .. AGAIN... Jonathan doens't have anyone to have a play date with. I literally have no friends.

Loneliness.


Once the Lord graciously showed me my sin (side note: Isn't it incredibly kind that the Lord reveals sin to us. That he shows us exactly what we have to put to death in our lives so that we can serve him better. Not only does he reveal our sin, he doesn't do it all at once! I would die under the weight of my sin if I could see it all at once. He is kind and longsuffering.) He showed me what I do have. I have an amazing family in Jonathan and Kyle. I don't need more. He showed me that he has once again provided perfectly for us. We live in a sweet small town where we can live in a house! We have a yard! He showed me that we have a good church that teaches God's word faithfully and is full of sweet sweet brothers and sisters in the Lord. And let me tell you, they are a THANKFUL group of people.

Most importantly he reminded me ever so gently that I have HIM. I have the Lord. Let it sink in again. I have the Lord.

In trying to encourage another friend who is about to move I was reminded of Acts 17 by my sister.

"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. From one man he made all the nations, that they should in habit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, thoug he is not far from any one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

He is a knowable God. He has predetermined my home, and has done all that I might find Him.

I'm at the sweet point in the lessons. HE is the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment