A Covid Christmas and New Year

 Disney World for Christmas was just what 2020 called for. We were all looking forward to it, even Kyle who doesn't exactly love Disney and who has been called a "scrooge" a time or two... or twenty, was looking forward to it. 

Then we got a call that one of the boys may have been exposed to Covid, and about two hours later Kyle had a fever. Disney World postponed. 

Today is our last day of quarantine and happens to be New Years Day. Of course we carry many of the problems from last year into the New Year with us, but aren't we ready for this change?! I know I am.

Sitting in quarantine has been hard. Harder than I expected. It was a bit of a mental challenge. It's been super gloomy which hasn't helped at all, but it's also having no outlet for the boys and being in 1200 sq ft with the same people doing the same thing that just exposes our sin nature and has caused self examination. Isn't it always throught trial, whether big or small that the Lord grows us? 

Well, it's from all that reflection of this past year and of our family that has helped me create my resolution list this year. And what I love about this list is that it's not just "do better" there is real intention behind every one of these Resolutions. So to the 5 of you who read this, here is my totally honest and a bit vulnerable list. 

1. To lose excess weight. 

I know it's the age old Resolution. But I have been working on it for so long and with my cancer gene I just have to get it done! I also want to show my boys the self control it takes. When I see them lack self control I can look at my poor example to them as a real cause. 

2. Reading.

I want to read more! I love to read, but with little kids I feel I never have the time. However I can be up to date on all news.... So I'm reading something... and that something might as well be for my betterment instead of anxiety producing. So I want to read more. Also, this is a way to engage with Kyle. He loves to read and I'd love to read with him.

3. Save Save Save

We have been working so hard to get our of student loan debt. I want this to be a year we make a huge dent in that, and one of the easiest ways is for me to save. And since necessity is the mother of invention I am looking forward to see all that I come up with instead of spending!

4. A Hygge Home

Kentucky is gloomy! and so I am going to go on an adventure in Hygge. I realize that I need to adapt it slightly for our family. To have it incorporate our faith and family. I'll document it along the way.

5. Write

Kyle is always encouraging me to write, and I do enjoy it. So whether I am consistent with this blog or write for myself I have a goal to spend at least 20 minutes writing every day. And although it completely terrifies me, I may share some of my stories here. 

6. Intentional Traditions/Family time

I actually think Kyle and I are already pretty good at this. BUT there is always room for improvement. 


Here's to 2021! What are your resolutions?

Comments

Popular Posts