Control pt. 2

 It's a bit of a strange thing when you lose trust in foundational things. It's stranger yet to live long enought to see conspiracy theories become reality. You used to be a conspiracy theorist if you thought that China was infiltrating our country or that people were buying off elections. You would have been told you were crazy if you said that you were worried that the government would require travel papers or that they would mandate a vacination before this year. Can you imagine the reaction you would have gotten if you said that the government and high tech companies tracked our phones and everything we searched in 2019? I mean we are literally living 1984, and it happened so fast that by the time we realized it, it was too late. 

Praise be to God that nothing has shaken Him. The most foundational thing isn't lost. He still reigns over all. Perhaps we all needed the reminder that He has alwasy been in control, we just thought we had control. I mean I understand (on some level anyway) the tension between God's Sovreignty and man's responsibility.. but thats a different topic. My point here is that I think we had all gotten so comfortable that we forgot just how much we weren't in control, how much we had forgotten to go to the throne and prayerfully consider every event in our lives. It was in having "control" stripped from us that I began to turn more and more in prayer to the ruler of all. Maybe I'm the only one who experienced this. But it was so good for me. It's continuing to be good for me. 

Then as if 2020 couldn't have gotten any worse, the election happened. If there was a shred of hope left that our institutions weren't totally corrupt, that evaporated the second they said "we're going to stop counting the votes for the night". 

Now we face a new challenge, and the thing is no one totally knows how to navigate it. Where do you live if you don't trust your government? What battle do you choose to fight? Do you fight? How do you prepare? It takes a wisdom that I don't always feel like I have. But I know the God who does have the wisdom and will granted if I pray in faith. So that's where we are, constantly praying for wisdom to navigate the road ahead. 

Oh, and did I mention that in the midst of all this, and the little things that happened along the way (like family health crisis's and much more) I had to raise two boys. How do you raise two boys in this world? Advice accepted. 

Comments

Popular Posts