Only Day 2...uh oh!

 If you saw my post yesterday you know I am on day 2 of a 14 day challenge not to complain. I haven't complained outloud, yet. But you should hear my thoughts. Or, maybe you shouldn't. I have had to repent and start over quite a few times already. 

I could justify it all to you, I think you'd even agree with me and help me justify. But the bottom line is, a complaint is a complaint is a complaint. I wonder if Elisabeth Elliot took this challenge when her daughter was grown up on purpose. Just Kidding! 

I've observed 2 things so far in this challenge. 

1. During this sickness I have been extremely fatigued and as a result I have really been lax in parenting, and it shows. The boys are being naughty little boys and I am frustrated. We have work to do. I know the Lord gives grace for the tasks that He places in my life. Even parenting when I'm sick. I may need to adjust our daily activities during this time, I may need to get creative, I may need to do a lot of things; but I KNOW I need to be consistent and to rely on the strength of the Lord. 

2. Being a stay at home mom is one of the most thankless and hard jobs ever. I think 2020 has proven that. I found myself feeling unappreciated. If I didn't "Speak up for myself" (read: complain) then who would see MY needs and help meet them? Don't get me wrong Kyle is an exceptional husband and very appreciative of me, but I as I let him rest today and I took charge with the boys while battling sickness, I may have felt a little unappreciated. I wanted to be thanked and seen and.... there in lies the second lesson. Working unto the Lord is enough. It's the only work that truly matters and the Lord showed me where I was lacking in that today. 

Comments

Popular Posts